Monday 3 January 2011

Fusing Fabric, Stitching and Beading

 

                                   Sampler

 

 

When I was on a Margaret Beale course earlier in the year, I started fusing strips of organza, cutting shapes in them, but I got no further with it.  Over the last few days I’ve had a bit of a clear up, and found the folder that I’d put the pieces in, so I thought I would have a play around with it and see what appeared!

I stitched the pieces of organza onto a felt backing, using various machine stitches. I then hand stitched using my very limited range of hand stitching. I finished off by adding beads, sequins and buttons.

Not sure what I shall do with it now, but I did enjoy just playing, with no specific aim in mind.

 

2 comments:

WendyK said...

It's turned out beautifully.

Heather Beading said...

It is very nice and the added beads set it off.