Wednesday, 14 March 2012
We each led a session for arty pursuits.
These are the bits I made:
This was made during Wendy’s session. On pelmet vilene we stitched loads of bits in one colourway. Wendy had provided each of us with a bag of bits in different colours. When we had stitched the ‘bit's’ together, we added beads, sequins and in my case a piece of decorated tyvek.
This project was led my Mary . We dyed some pieces of Pelmet Vilene, ready to take our finished ‘snippet’ piece. Using ‘snippets’ in a sandwich of chiffon , attached to bondaweb, we free machine stitched until we happy that it was all attached.
The next stage was to burn off the chiffon using a heat gun. We the attached the piece , and finished off with sequins, beads and hand sewing. The tie was made from pelmet vilene covered with stitching and snippets.
My project was making silk paper,painting and stamping it, and turning into a book cover. I loved the colour of mine so much that I didn’t want to embroider it at all. I added some dimensional copper paint to the stamping.
Adrienne showed us how to etch metal, but unfortunately there were a couple of problems and nothing I did ‘took’. A shame, but I have metal, and some etchant mixture that Adrienne gave us all to take home to have another go!
Neet showed us how to blend colours in polymer clay, and showed us a technique called Mica Shift, which involved stamping into the clay and then shaving the raised bits off…magically you get left with the image of the stamp. This was hard to do, but with a bit of help I managed it.
Liz, the Queen of Friendly Plastic, showed us how to make miniature books,using Friendly plastic,stamps, images, foil and Magic Gloss. Really good fun, and I used my little finished book as an autograph album for the wonderful people I was with to sign in.
And here we all are
It’s been a while since I posted to my blog, been very busy, but have produced some art
Fabric paper rainbow book, Orange and Yellow:
Fabric paper, sari silk cut and stitched.
Fabric paper, stitched pieces of silk, ribbon and sequins (birds) and beads.
Wednesday, 25 January 2012
I am involved in a swap to make pages for a Rainbow Book. The pages are to be made of fabric paper, and to be only the colour of the month. This month it was RED…not one of my favourite colours to work with!
I made the fabric paper with muslin, tissue paper and a layer of organza over the top. When it was dry I gave it several coats of red paint, including some red glitter paint. When that was all dry I added a thin coat of silk paint. I then cut a piece 12inches by 6inches to make a 6x6 page. The creases in the paper showed up well, so I randomly stitched around them, and did a bit of few embroidery in the flatter areas. Searched out some red buttons from my stash and stitched them on and the machined on some red ric-rac for ‘stems’. An offcut of the fabric paper was used to tidy up along the bottom, and zig –zag stitch was used to edge.I gave the piece another coat of silk paint and that was it. Hope the person it is going to likes it.