Monday, 25 July 2011

Frayed Fabric ATCs



Frayed Fabric ATCs made for a swap.

The backgrounds were made using the embellisher with bits and pieces from my scrap bag. Extra fibres were hand stitched, and embellishments added. Some ‘sacking’ was cut to size and the edges frayed. The embellished pieces were attached with a running stitch. I had fun making these, so hope that the recipients like them.


     07-11 Frayed107-11 Frayed2 

                        07-11 Frayed3

Tuesday, 12 July 2011

Organza and the soldering iron


I had a week-end of playing with some friends recently , and whilst there we played with organza and the soldering iron. I just finished putting this together today.

                        Soldered, beads,sequins and stitching


The base is some acrylic felt, covered with a couple of pieces of organza attached together by using the soldering iron and a Fiskar’s shaped ruler.  Once  that was done, the squares were  made, using 2 pieces of organza. The diamond shaped pattern was made with the use of the soldering iron and a piece of wire mesh. Hearts were ‘cut ‘from organza bits trapped inside two pieces of organza, and attached to the squares with a sequin and a bead. To finish of machine stitching was used , and a few French knots were added at the bottom.

Saturday, 9 July 2011

More Alphabet Swap ATCs



Great fun making these . Fabric, card,machine stitching, bit of hand stitching, fabric inkjet transfers , printed words.


Technorati Tags:

Thursday, 7 July 2011

Hanging ATCs

                                  2011 -07-Hanging ATCs

Also made for a swap. I used a background made using painted card, stamped with a Paper Artsy stamp, and embossed with a Distress Embossing powder. The images are ink-jet transferred onto a fine muslin. They were attached  at an angle with a zig-zag stitch.
I added eyelets and threaded through the fibres and hanging loop.A
small flower was also added to the top card.

Black and White Embellished ATCs



3 Black and White embellished ATCs made for a swap. I used the embellisher to make the background from bits in my scrap bag which grows, just like Topsy. I am trying hard not to use ‘new’ stuff to make small pieces!

Once I had finished the embellishing I backed them with a stabilizer, and stitched them using the machine. The outside of the ‘flowers’ are cardboard cogs, and I attached these using the machine.

I then added the buttons ,some random hand stitching.and backed with pelmet Vilene.


2011-07-Black & White22011-07-Black & White3jpg    


                      2011-07-Black & White 1