Wednesday 14 March 2012

Play away

Last week I was in Worcestershire for 3 whole days of playing with friends. Great food, a little of the pink stuff (evenings only) and wonderful company.
We each led a session for arty pursuits.
These are the bits I made:
Sewn scraps book cover back and front
This was made during  Wendy’s session. On pelmet vilene we stitched loads of bits in one colourway. Wendy had provided each of us with a bag of bits in different colours. When we had stitched the ‘bit's’ together, we added beads, sequins and in my case a piece of decorated tyvek.

Pelmet Vilene Book FrontDyed Pelmet Vilene book back
This project was led my Mary . We dyed some pieces of Pelmet Vilene, ready to take our finished ‘snippet’ piece.  Using ‘snippets’ in a sandwich of chiffon , attached to bondaweb, we free machine stitched until we happy that it was all  attached.
The next stage was to burn off the chiffon using a heat gun. We the attached the piece , and finished off with sequins, beads and hand sewing. The tie was made from pelmet vilene covered with stitching and snippets.
silk paper cover

My project was making silk paper,painting and stamping it,  and turning into a book cover. I loved the colour of mine so much that I didn’t want to embroider it at all. I added some dimensional copper paint to the stamping.
Adrienne showed us how to etch metal, but unfortunately there were a couple of problems and nothing I did ‘took’. A shame, but I have metal, and some etchant mixture that Adrienne gave us all to take home to have another go!
007
Neet showed us how to blend colours in polymer clay, and showed us a technique called Mica Shift, which involved stamping into the clay and then shaving the raised bits off…magically you get left with the image of the stamp. This was hard to do, but with a bit of help I managed it.
008009
Liz, the Queen of Friendly Plastic, showed us how to make miniature books,using Friendly plastic,stamps, images, foil and Magic Gloss. Really good fun, and I used my little finished book as an autograph album for the wonderful people I was with to sign in.

And here we all areSmile
042

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my - it looks like you have all had a fabulous time - and what great art techniques - brilliant

Jacqui Chimes said...

Oooh these look gorgeous - especially like the sewn pieces - you must have had a lovely time.

Kate Creates - a lot of mess, just ask my family..... said...

Love the friendly plastic especially. Looks like you had lots of fun!

Neet said...

Wish we were there now. Missing you all.
Hugs, Neet x

bois-fleurie said...

I spend a lot of time wishing I could go on workshops especially when I see the lovely things people do. Your art looks great.

junemac2 said...

It looks like a lot of fun and creativity going on there. Glad you enjoyed it Annie. Thanks also for looking and commenting on my blog
hugs June

Amanda said...

Looks like you all had a great time!!

Thanks for commenting on my blog and liking my little book. I have replied but you came up as a no reply blogger.

Amanda :-)
viewfromourhill.blogspot.co.uk