Tuesday 14 September 2010

Tags

I was to make either 4 normal size tags or one large one for a swap, but got a little carried away!
I used ordinary white tags, sprayed on both sides with walnut ink and I then added some Jo Sonja's iridescent turquoise. I stamped on one side of the tag with 'time' images and used the masking technique to add words, both in chocolate Brilliance Ink. The back I stamped and embossed with fine gold. I added the embellishments and the flower from my stash.
Um 4 tags finished, but I wasn't particularly satisfied with them. I decided to add quotes related to time to the front of each tag. I printed these out on acetate and cut into a tag shape. I then used two bigger tags to make the covers. I coloured them in the same way,stamped words and added an acetate clock to the front. I then stamped the insides with a texture stamp, put them on a ring and added fibres to finish.

2 comments:

Kate Creates - a lot of mess, just ask my family..... said...

Having added a link here to my blog I've finally had chance to look back throough your archive of brilliant stuff. All of it wonderful.

Autumn Labbe-Renault said...

Annie! I haven't been to your blog in a while. You have been posting some really lovely work. Thank you so much for the small felted book. That's a technique I've yet to try but it's lovely and the colors, divine. Thanks so much for thinking of me!

Hugs, Autumn