Was having a bit of a play with silk cocoon rods, stripping them and then painting. When they were dry I machined stitched them together onto a piece of black felt. I added a bit of glitter, by snipping pieces of Hemming Vilene onto the piece, ironing them on,(don’t forget the baking parchment!) and then using some transfer foil. I then started to machine stich, using cotton and metallic threads. I added a couple of rows of cable stitch, which is done from the back of the piece, using thicker thread in the bobbin, and because my bobbin is non adjustable, by passing the tension control. I have never tried this before, but i like the effect it gives.Something else that has stayed tucked away is my Flower Stitcher foot, which as the name implies, allows you to stitch flowers. Well you need to be cleverer then me to do that! lol, but I was able to stitch circles! I did these in two ways, one with a thickish metallic thread in the bobbin, stitched from the back, and one with a cotton machine embroidery thread. I finished the piece of with rows of metallic, again stitched from the back.
I cut out an ATC sized piece,backed with Pelmet Vilene and stitched around the edges. The paper flowers and the Fantasy Film butterfly were in my stash.