Monday, 8 August 2011

Rusted Fabric Postcard

This was made for a swap, with the theme of ‘Rust’
I had already made the print blocked fabric, and decided to use it for this project. Ages ago(like 18 months!) I had bought a rusting kit from Sarah Lawrence, and actually remembered I had it lol.
I stamped on the fabric using the acrylic wax, and then added the rusting powder and white vinegar, and left it to dry overnight.
I used various threads to free machine stitch , using straight and zig-zag stitch.
The embellishment was cut with the soldering iron, using 4 pieces of organza and a couple of metal embellishments to cut around.
I added  a little some hand sewing,( a few knots only), some beads  and finished with satin stitch around the edges.

No comments: