Wednesday, 13 April 2011

Oiled Paper


I signed up for a mystery swap that Adrienne was organising and this is what we had to produce. Three sheets of oiled paper and 3 ATC’s using it.

I used baby oil, and copy paper (I did try others, but the copy paper worked best in my opinion).

                 Oiled Paper 1

For this piece I stamped , using black Stazon before I painted. It was then given a couple of  thin coats of  acrylic paint, with a gold acrylic dry brushed to give it a bit of a gleam. After drying it was oiled , crumpled a lot and again left to dry.The background was used in 2 different ways, one to make a background for the ATC, and the other to cut out the stamped circles, which were slightly darkened and then randomly stitched. The piece of friendly plastic stamped with the same stamp was already in my stash.


                       Oiled Paper 2


This piece was painted with a thin layer of acrylic, and whilst wet stamped with an un-inked stamp, and another light layer of acrylic added. It was left to dry , oiled , crumpled and left to dry again. It was then used as the background for the Spring ATC.


                               Oiled Paper 3


The third piece was painted in the same way and then oiled, crumpled and left to dry. The flower on the ATC was made with the background paper with the addition of a touch of sparkle.

Hope Pauline will like these.

No comments: