Wednesday 13 April 2011

ATCs using beads

 

Another swap I’ve participated in needed me to make ATCs, using beads.

                         Bead embellished3

 

This was made using a Margaret Beale technique of fusing and burning organza’s.  You pile up bits and pieces of organza, about 5/6 layers deep, and use a piece of fine gauge garden metal as a grid, which you cut around using a fine soldering iron.

I cut the piece to size, and added stitching and beads ti create a pattern.

 

                             Bead embellished 1

 

This was made using  2 colours of sari silk stitched onto pelment vilene. The silk cords were couched on and beads added to embellish. The polymer clay embellishments were already in my stash.

 

                               Bead embellished 2

 

This one is a silk piece on which I did a rubbing from a rubber stamp. I then hand-stitched around the pattern and added beads. The background is a piece of hand printed fabric, covered with organza and distressed slightly with the heat gun. The sequins and beads were added to finish.

1 comment:

Carol said...

These are fabulous!