Tuesday, 30 November 2010

Using a Stencil

One of Adrienne’s swaps was to make anything we liked, the only proviso being to use a stencil.
After a couple of false starts, I decided to make a postcard/photograph album for my swap partner.
I used Golden Moulding Paste to create a stencil on some black lutradur.  When this was still wet it was  sprayed with some gold spray paint and  when  it was dry treasure gold  was used to highlight .
A piece of pelmet Vilene to the size needed, and creased well were the spine was to be. This was covered with some silk from my stash (  purchased it on E-Bay).
 Thestencilled lutradur  was mounted onto a piece of light coloured felt covered with cream silk, and stitched on the flowers and stems with a coppery coloured maderia thread.  I used a fancy stitch in the same thread around the edge.  This was then attached this to the front of the book, using  a small zigzag stich.
Somefancy machine stitching around the edges of the book and on the spine, finished it of. For the ties,I used ribbon, which was pinned at each edge to keep it in place.The back of the pelmet vilene was covered with a piece of cream silk, and zig-zag stitched around the edges, removing the pins as I got to them. The ribbons were threaded through wooden beads, which were tied close to the edges of the covers. To finish off the photo holders were stuck in, using book binders glue.
                  
                                                      .KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA

2 comments:

Lottie said...

wow wow wow - this is just stunning

Pattie said...

Loveee this book !infact love all your creations,very classy :]