Tuesday 30 November 2010

Metal Inchies

                          Metal Inchies

 

I made these for a swap I was in. We had to make 9 metal inchies and they got swapped out. There were 5 of us in the swap, meaning we got at least one of our own back.

I was running short of time, so mine were made using embossing folders for the backgrounds/  Some I coloured  using treasure gold, alcohol inks and black gesso.A couple of them I coloured with a candle flame.  I added various bits and pieces from my stash, and cut out a couple of embossed metal stars to attach to the darker backgrounds. One the middle top one, I used some glass paint in the ‘dips’ and added some glitter while it was still sticky. The one with the butterfly I used embossing powder. Good fun to relax doing these after a hectic few days.

1 comment:

Kate Creates - a lot of mess, just ask my family..... said...

Annie I'm intrigued to know whether you cut inchies first then embossed or cut inchies out of embossed metal. I can't get good squares either way.