Monday, 23 January 2012

First post of 2012

I’ve been very busy arting, but updated my blog this year. Partly because I joined , together with a great bunch of people , a journaling group. This is Book of Days with Effy Wild, and if you want to join in I can assure you that there is a lot to be learnt from it. Guided by the wonderfully enthusiastic Effy, we are making a journal page a day, or whenever we can. As Effy says, there is no behind in this process. Two videos a week, a weekly news letter, and the encouragement of the almost 1000 members and Effy herself. And believe it or not, there is such a thing as a free lunch……..Effy charges not a penny for this! If you are interested details here.
I am not posting my journal pages here at the moment, maybe later.

I have been doing other stuff as well though, postcards, atcs and a book page.
Here are some pics and short descriptions of what I did.

Front of A Alphabetica Postcard
Front of a double sided postcard for an on-going Alphabetica swap.
Background is gesso, stamped into whilst wet with a couple of different A stamps. For the big A I used string which I pressed into the wet gesso. Whilst still wet I sprayed with Aileen’s Colour Sprays, and let them run together a bit before drying.  I stamped a couple of A’s using Stazon gray. The small A is a foam piece stamped and coloured with Stewart Gill Pearl paint. I also used this paint to dab onto the surface of the card.
Back of A Alphabetical postcard
The back was made from an already made background, to which I added a gel transfer. I then put it through the Wizard using a Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, used Treasure Gold to highlight and added the ribbon to finish it off.

Front of B Alphabetica Postcard

Background for B is acrylic paints in blues and purples. I put this through the Wizard using another Cuttlebug folder, and then stamped a similar design using a purple ink (it doesn’t show up here to well) I used Treasure Gold to highlight the embossing. The letters are both grungeboard, which luckily enough had the same swirly design. These were coloured with Viva paints and the embossing highlighted with a Sukura White Gel Pen. German Scrap was added to each side and toned down with a thin coat of Viva.

Back of B Alphabetica Postcrd
Background for this is a piece of coloured Lutrador on which I had stencilled butterflies, using moulding paste. I added several colours of treasure gold to highlight the fibres, the word and the butterfly brad. 

No comments: