We did this swap again this year, and there were some beautiful things made. This was my effort:
First off I made 12 sheets of silk paper using Cocoon Strippings. You lay these out on a piece of baking parchment, spray with water cover with another sheet of baking paper and iron until dry. Once they were dry I painted them with a thinned down acrylic pearl paint and again allowed to dry. I stamped using a foam stamp and metallic acrylics, and then, using a different stamp, stamped a smaller design using Stazon. When this was dry , the whole sheet was painted again, using a watered down silk paint, in similar colours to the paints already used.
I then free machine embroidered around the larger stamp designs, and did a little hand stitching on some of the sheets.
The sheets were then cut to size and lined using some of my hand coloured fabrics attached using bond-a-web.
Once that was done I satin stitched around the edges. I now had my covers ready. Next step was cutting and folding the pages from hand made papers. I attached the pages with a wide zig-zag stitch and ribbon.
I then used double sided tape to attach plastic ATC holders to each page, and cut some metallic paper to pop into them.
The finishing touches were to add the fastenings, and I used Polymer clay pieces and ribbons, which I attached with Golden Gel Medium.
Here they are, all wrapped and ready to go: