Thursday, 13 October 2011

Silk Tie Phone Case

 

                              Embroiderd silk phone case - made from a tie

 

 

This was made from a silk tie I picked up in a charity shop. I took it apart and there is a LOT more fabric in a tie than I realised!

I cut out a pattern , backed the silk with a medium vilene , and did some random stitching with a Maderia metallic thread.  I then used bondaweb to attach a silk lining. I cut around the whole thing to get the correct size, folded it , and then stitched around the sides and edges of the flap.  The closure gave me some problems, but eventually I settled on a pop –fastener.

Luckily it fitted the phone it was intended for Smile

 

1 comment:

Adrienne Goodenough said...

The phone owner loves it and it is in use daily....