Monday 31 October 2011

Playing with fabrics

Last week I decided to have a play with fabrics and my embellisher. I dragged out lots of fabric bits in blues and greens and then got out the embellisher. Oops, I had a problem, my foot control was not working, and there was an ominous rattle when I shook it. So no embellisher, I decided that I would have to sew instead.

This is what I did :random stitchingsI randomly stitched bits of fabric together, using different stitches and either green or blue thread. I stitched on some thick threads too.

I then decided to add some coloured copper curls and to cover the whole piece with some blue organza, which  was attached using the darning foot and free stitching.

 

                                   covered with enamelled copper curls and blue organza,

 

Here is what I did with some of the piece:

 

                         KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA

 

Beaded inches , using jewels and a couple of circular paper clips, which I hand stitched around. I hand stitched leaves and stems for the flower jewels. I attached them to pelmet Vilene, which on reflection was a little to thick, as I couldn’t stich around the edges. To neaten them I added some cord, which I attached with white glue.

I also made these:

KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERAKONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERAKONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA3 ATCs using beads, sequins pieces od silk carrier rods and  threads.

I hope those who receive these in a swap will like them.

 

1 comment:

Fiona said...

I really like these. The colours are lovely.