Tuesday 8 March 2011

Purple ATC’s

 

3 ATCs for a swap, the theme being purple.

        2011-03-Purple  

I decided to use Tyvek paper which I’d had for ages. Firstly I painted it with a thin covering of Golden Acrylic Fluid, just enough so the white still showed a little. Whilst it was drying I made a page on the computer, using purple ink and one of the special brushes, falling ivy leaves, and once the Tyvek was dry printed it out. Not that it is very evident…..I then attacked the tyvek with the iron to distress it a little. I didn’t want it to be  completely distorted as I intended to use the heat gun on it.

I took a piece of purplish coloured organza, and using a cotton thread stitched  more or less straight lines in a grid pattern. I then used the heat gun, to remove some of the organza. I cut this into pieces of approx. 6cms x 8.5cms , and machine stitched them to coloured tyvek cut to a normal ATC size.

I then cut some of the remaining  tyvek into small squares and oblongs, and stamped onto these using Brilliance Victorian Violet, which I then attached using a metallic purple thread.

To finish off I sewed a button to a small piece of tyvek covered with a piece of organza, which I then melted around the button. This I attached with super glue. I then used a touch of Stickles to add a little glitz.

1 comment:

bois-fleurie said...

This must be the page Annie thought would help me and it does. I shall go and see what I can achieve!!!

Many thanks for the info.