Sunday 5 August 2007

London


I have been away for a few days in London with my daughter and grandsons. We had a short break staying in the Marriott Regent's Park. We had a visit to Hamley's Toyshop, 5 floors of delight for kiddies of all ages:) where youngest grandson spent his birthday money.

We visited the Imperial War Museum and spent 3 hours in the Holocaust Exhibition, which was emotional and sobering. Back to the hotel ,shower and change and off to wander around Covent Garden before going to see Lord of the Rings. Not my choice of show, but I was surprised to find that I enjoyed a lot of it. The choreography was superb, the special effects amazing and the interaction with the audience both before and during the performance was great.
After the show we went for a meal, which we ate alfresco...even though it was 10.45 p.m!
The photo is of Al and Dom dancing with a busker on the way back to the hotel....this was at almost midnight, the energy of youth!
The last day we split up and I visited the British Museum as I wanted to see the Japanese Contemporary Art Exhibition. I also managed to pay a visit to Blade Rubber Stamps, and of course was easily parted from my pennies lol. A couple of stamps and some Stewart Gill paints.
So a good , though exhausting , time was had by all.

1 comment:

Bren said...

I saw Lord of the Rings on Saturday 4th August and thoroughly enjoyed it. I thought the way they used the stage was excellent.

Did you see the 'statues' in Covent Garden? They seem to keep children of all ages amused!