Saturday 21 July 2007

Abstract ATC

I have been making some ATC's for a swap, the theme of which is abstact. Here's what I did and how I did it.

I was browsing Bernie Berlin's book Artist Trading Card Workshop and thought I'd have a go at one of her techniques - Glass-Like Resin, for the background.


I started off with dry-brushed acrylic on card stock.
I then covered in embossing ink and added some thick embossing powder
and heated. I did this again and stamped with Brilliance thyme ink whilst it was warm.





As a twist I decided to add some Glimmer Mist in Walnut Gold , dried this off and added another layer of embossing powder. When it was dry I cracked it.
I then trimmed it, added some brads and mounted on antique distressed gold mirror card. At this stage I got a little stuck and asked for some advice from my friends on a group I belong to.



I made an embellishment from 'biscuits' wooden shapes that are used in wood-making. You can get them in a big bag from do it yourself stores quite cheaply. I sanded it down a little, added ultra thick embossing powder and stamped into it when still warm with the same stamp and ink used for the background.

To finish it off I coloured some edging stickers with a green rub on and gold rub 'n buff.

No comments: