I really enjoyed making this, not sure if it really is an art quilt, or a sampler though lol.
I used a piece of fabric that I had painted and printed using on of my collection of old Indian print blocks. I used 505 to stick some batting on the back, and then started to decide on what to put on it!
I thought of hearts and sorted out some left over machine felted and stitched bits. These bits were all on Pelmet Vilene, and were able to be cut with my Wizard using a Cuttlebug heart die. I then cut the squares from Pelmet Vilene and covered them with a script fabric, which I roughly stitched around. I added the hearts to these squares, using various embellishments buttons, sequins and beads. The edges of the squares were then tidied up using a small zig-zag stitch.
The squares were then placed on the background fabric using 505 repositionable glue to hold them in place whilst I machine-stitched them on. To finish off I backed with pelmet Vilene and satin stitched around the edges.