Wednesday 30 January 2008

Canvas


My only New Year Resolution was to use the canvases that I seem to keep buying to use 'one day'. Well that day has arrived , and lucky for me that Sweetpea on CCSwaps is hosting a NYR swap.

Here is what I did for Pauline. Hope she likes it. The little girl is my mother in law, who would have been 94 this year. No one knows where 'Molly' came from, as her given name was Elizabeth, but she was never known as anything but Molly.
The background is a mixture of several sprays, Sticky Fingers and Aileen's Colour Mists, stamped with a Hero Arts Italian Poetry stamp. I coated the photograph with melted wax. The flower was coloured with alcohol inks, and the lace with Distress Ink.

3 comments:

SweetPea said...

Molly is GORGEOUS!! And you choose Pauline's favorite color!!
Well done.

Unknown said...

Yay!!! you have used your "one day stuff" - something I seriously need to do, and guess what the canvas is magnificent...!!!

Autumn Labbe-Renault said...

Good job on USING YOUR STUFF, LOL! Great job on the canvas and Molly is a cutie.