Another swap, fantastic fibre ATCs, or I could have made a card, but true to form I made ATCs lol
These were made using my embellishing machine, and left over scraps of wool, velvet, angelina fibres, organza, etc. I then added some embellishments, beads, buttons and some couched threads.
I haven’t posted for a while, I’ve been under the influence……..
Here are just a few of the things I have made using a modified version of an Angie Hughes technique.
This was made for a Friendly Plastic bead swap. It’s a folder to hold some drawing paper, tied with a ribbon to which was attached two of the beads I made.
Another sewing kit roll for a friend’s birthday present.
This is a photo/postcard album.
They are all made using velvet as the background, silk
strips and strips of painted Bondaweb, covered with a piece of nylon organza. This is all stitched together, using basic machine stitches. It is then zapped with the heat gun to distress the organza.
A backing of cotton or silk is cut to size, and attached to the piece using a cord edging, or simply using a zig-zag stitch. A tie can either be inserted between the two pieces of fabric, or attached afterwards as in the example above.